西西河

主题:【原创】美国人打仗怕死吗? -- 晨枫

共:💬199 🌺1487 🌵55
分页树展主题 · 全看首页 上页
/ 14
下页 末页
      • 家园 先说肯尼迪家族,二战时约翰肯尼迪是鱼雷艇艇长,作战中负伤

1943年8月2日,约翰肯尼迪的鱼雷艇参加了拦截一个日本船队的夜间攻击任务。在战斗中,他的PT-109艇被日本驱逐舰天雾号撞成两截后沉没。他领着十一名幸存者游泳到了一个小岛上脱险。

约翰肯尼迪的哥哥就更惨,在英国开轰炸机,在试验一种遥控武器时飞机爆炸,尸骨无存。

一战时,西奥多·罗斯福小儿子在战场上阵亡。

二战时。富兰克林罗斯福的五个儿子都进入海军服役。

朝鲜战争时。

美军总司令沃克儿子是营长,上了前线参战。

饭佛里特儿子开B26被击落,连尸骨也找不着。

• 家园 沃克儿子很搞笑

没见他有正面交火的的记录,但却获得了勋章,老爹穿越正在败退的美韩军去给儿子授勋,结果挂在乱军之中。

• 家园 这些都是好的个例,但我想说两句

再补充一个,John McCain的老爹是海军上将,也在越战被击落差点把命送了。

但是,看事情要看主流。如果要证明富人与穷人一样流血,只要看一个数据就可以了,那就是每一万富人与每一万穷人中有多少子弟当了兵,有多少伤亡。富人穷人这两个比例应该接近才对。

另外,您提的例子似乎都很老了。不知911以来富人们(特别是华尔街的肥猫和议员们)又表现如何?

美军在伊阿二地已阵亡超过6300人,不知最富的5%的家庭有没有贡献约300名子弟的性命呢?

• 家园 美国富人和上等阶层回避参战是从越战开始的

这也是美国老百姓对越战中的美国领导阶层不满的重要原因之一。

• 家园 这正是两场战争不同之处以及美国的堕落之处

现在美国以及是募兵制,资本家本堂而皇之的雇穷人家子弟上战场为自己的利益流血。这一点,即使是拍再多感人的广告,也不能再忽悠美国人民了。

• 家园 【原创】富人穷人这两个比例永远不可能接近的

因为正常情况下富人子弟受教育程度高,成为军官或技术军官、后勤人员的可能性很大,即使同样积极参军,没有刻意留在后方,军官的伤亡也永远比大头兵低。

更别说西点军校那坑爹的推荐入学制度,除非你是天才,大员们争着推荐你去考西点,没一定关系根本连门边都摸不着。西点军校出来的百分之八十以上都是富人子弟,所以才出了那么多的董事长。军官学校如此招生,有多少穷人子弟能突出重围成为军官?即使是看二战和朝鲜战争,富人子弟们也多是当飞行员阵亡的,真正当步兵冲杀在第一线的少之又少。伊阿二地飞行员基本零伤亡,富人子弟伤亡比例就更低了。

• 家园 Some source suggests...

美军在伊阿二地已阵亡超过6300人,不知最富的5%的家庭有没有贡献约300名子弟呢

Not sure about the 5% wealthiest. But as for the top 20% so called "rich" people and lower bracket 20%, I'd like to quote =>

"... But now, kids from the wealthiest families are edging out those from the poorest ones, when it comes to getting into the military. In the last decade, the recruits from the poorest families has gone from about 20 percent, to about ten percent. Meanwhile, those from the top 20 percent of families (in terms of income) has gone from under 20 percent, to about 25 percent..."

Regards,

• 家园 容我抬杠

getting into the military 和 death and wound可不能混淆。

在后方的空调房里打电话上网和前线钻山洞可不一样。要证明富人和穷人一样冒险和流血的最直接的证据就是伤亡的官兵的构成和美国社会层次构成一致。如果接近,至少可以证明富人没让穷人专门去做DIRTY JOBS.

我特别想看看最富的1%的家庭有没有贡献出63名男儿的性命。

• 家园 Re: “容我抬杠…”

That is some point. However, my overall point is that the rich in US is just as patriotic as all people in this forum.

Anyways, I cannot really find the stuff about casualties by social classes for the whole War on Terror. Fortunately, the Iraq conflict seems to be a trustworthy source of benchmark. Allow me to quote “… At the same time, in these wars the top three deciles by income suffered only 25 percent, 26 percent, and 23 percent of the casualties, respectively…” (the three wars refer to Korea, Vietnam and Iraq) While the numbers do show the top brackets suffer less in the wars than the lower ones by 10%, 10% and 15%, they by all means demonstrate that Americans still have the encourage to sacrifice to some level at war time regardless of social classes.

I am not trying to say I am absolutely right and/or the numbers are 100% accurate. I only provided some information since you asked and “抬杠”is rather not something I fancy. :D If I offended anyone anyhow unintentionally, my apologies.

Good luck and have fun.

Cheers.

分页树展主题 · 全看首页 上页
/ 14
下页 末页

有趣有益,互惠互利;开阔视野,博采众长。
虚拟的网络,真实的人。天南地北客,相逢皆朋友

Copyright © cchere 西西河