西西河

主题:【原创】给新加坡海峡时报读者论坛投稿被和谐,不爽ing -- 盟军敢死队

共:💬3 🌺4 新:
全看树展主题 · 分页首页 上页
/ 1
下页 末页
家园 【原创】给新加坡海峡时报读者论坛投稿被和谐,不爽ing

说实话,兄弟正是当初认为奥运肥了北京,肥了贪官腰包,光了当权者面子的不关心北京奥运的队伍中的一个。生生被活佛逼得跟筒子们一条心的。大家给我这破英文提提意见萨。我们不能再当沉默的一群了。

I refer to Ms Maria Siow’s commentary China’s Credibility Problem on April 9th Today.

I am puzzled by the robust reactions of the Chinese had been encouraged, if not instigated, by the Chinese authorities. Was that a fact or an assumption? My understanding is that whichever it was, it has impressed readers that the Chinese government was surely behind the Chinese’s anger over the West. This is exactly how an irresponsible accusation generates bias.

From my point of view, this kind of accusation, just like brainwash, is one of the worst insults to the Chinese’s intelligence, especially for those living overseas that can easily obtain all-side information.

As a matter of fact, I am planning a personal trip at my own expense to Kuala Lumpur on 21st April, to show my negligible support to the Olympics torch relay, not out of robust counter-reaction or instigated by the Chinese government, but simply inspired by good citizenship, as John F. Kennedy delivered in 1961, “ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country”.

For the past few weeks, I was deeply disappointed with local English commentaries, some of which even copycatted the tone of certain western media who are still living in the cold war era. Where on earth is the uniqueness of Singapore, as said that bridges the East and the West, economically and culturally?

Frankly speaking, it would be much more convenient for me to turn a blind eye on those inconvenient English commentaries and take only those to my taste. No wonder radical protesters chose to extinguish the Olympic torch, rather than let it light up the path of understandings.

刚把msn名字改成

壮志饥餐疆独肉,笑谈渴饮藏独血,待从头,收拾轮运独,朝天阙

家园 俺的英文还没你强,只能给你送花鼓励了
家园 看不懂也送朵花。
全看树展主题 · 分页首页 上页
/ 1
下页 末页

有趣有益,互惠互利;开阔视野,博采众长。
虚拟的网络,真实的人。天南地北客,相逢皆朋友

Copyright © cchere 西西河