共:💬21 🌺11
分页树展主题 · 全看首页 上页
/ 2
下页 末页
  • 家园 这个吴莹莹是谁?怎么什么谎都敢撒?

这老外也有较真的.网上看了一下,这个吴莹莹还真的不是一般的牛。厉害!北师大也真的是扯淡!这回看怎么下台吧。

翻译了一个老外的文章,不过最后一点没翻,没兴趣了,整件事情太扯了。

原文链接:外链出处

Break Academic Corrupt Made by Young Students-Do You Believe A 21-Year-Old Talent?

Yingying Wu, the 21 year old “talented girl” from Peking Normal University, was recently announced “Vice President of Operation” in Asia by Topcoder. The third year girl, who is the new upcoming legend, has become a “promotional figure” by her University and the Ministry of Education.

The timeline is:Topcoder's press release on October 25; Press conference given by Wu and Beijing Normal University(now this school claim that they did not check on what she told them) on December 7; Chinese Media's glowing report on her between December 8 to December 10; then Chinese netter's digging and questioning followed by media's investigation.

So, should you believe what you hear?

From news media, we know that the girl is in possession of “over a hundred inventions and three national patents”[Source1, details on the inventions and patents].(Link in Chinese)

http://stu.people.com.cn/GB/65534/4736353.html

“Yingying Wu, class of 2007, Peking Normal University, is playing an impressive melody with her twenty years devotion. She has made more than one hundred inventions and three national patents during the past fifteen years in which she was devoted to innovation; for the first time, she has glorified her University by winning the international software design competition which is unprecedented…(from Chinese news report)”

“On her way to innovation in the past decade, she has never ceased achieving. These achievements include: more than one hundred inventions, three of which are patented in China and some other are in the process of international patent application…”

(From Chinese new report)

http://news.sohu.com/20061209/n246922261.shtml

Put it this way, “more than one hundred inventions and three national patents” are the corner stones of her legend. What are these inventions? What can be called an invention? I trust most of you have tried at some point to make handcrafts of some sort, so can we call Mr. Pumpkin on Halloween your new invention, despite how much effort you put into it or how many hours you spend carving it? We have no source whatsoever to validate how many inventions she really has because you can’t stop her from talking after all. But we did hear what she said during an interview with Sohu.com, a major Chinese website:”

“All my inventions originate from my life.”

Interviewer: “I am sure you remember your very first invention, so, can you tell me what had motivated you?”

Wu: “I think all my inventions are from life and based on life, like my first invention, the ‘water-absorbing flower pot’. I used to live with my grandpa when I was little, I saw him watering the flower with a water tank twice a day. I asked him why he had to water the flowers so frequently, and I was told that watering the flowers twice a day keeps the soil moist. I remembered what he said then. Then I said to myself: Is there a way in which my grandpa doesn’t have to water the flowers so frequently and meanwhile the flowers won’t die from drought? Then I read from the children’s encyclopedia that when you put one end of a towel in a basin full of water, keeping the other end out of the basin, the water can be emptied gradually. Then I got inspiration from it. By a lot of trials and modifications, I finally had this invention: I put a small flower pot inside a bigger one and filled the middle area with water. And I used a thread to connect them. This way, the flowers can keep moist all the time.”

Oh my God, we finally know what invention is! During the interview, she never again mentioned anything about her invention, but instead was more focused on her dances and readings.”

• 家园 但是我也有一个疑问

上面那条MS老外的文章,我在google上根本搜不到,只是在baidu上找到了几个中文网页而已。

关于21岁天才的真实性的疑惑,并不能掩盖对此文目的的疑惑...

• 家园 【讨论】我也觉得奇怪呢

人家炒作固然不好,也没必要这样挖苦人家吧。

另外这篇文章用的英文词好像很简单,我竟然读的这么顺,大概是这个老外中文很好,(搜狐的采访都听得懂)然后写出的文章就符合中国人的口味了:(

• 家园 宣传模式是这样的

官方+校方+个人联手打造的大学生“典型”,事迹的真实度可想而知!

下面是引用

主持人:我想问你一个问题,你是9月26号就任的,但是我不知道这件事情是在可以说就是前两天,昨天知道的,为什么在这么长的一段时间里面,没有在你马上就任的时候就把这件事情暴出来,而是选择了在两个月以后? (#)

吴莹莹:我到现在也没有暴出来,我是一个实干家,我向来做事情就是低头干活。现在被很多媒体问的时候,这个是由中宣部他们准备今年在全国推两个大学生,一个我,另外还有一个其他学校的学生一个男生,要这两个学生的话,他们就给北师大、人民日报、光明日报下了政治任务, (#)

然后北师大就把这个政治任务给了全国的政治媒体,结果暴出来以后,突然一下子其他的媒体就关注了。所以原本是不存在的媒体炒作的事情,而且我其实更倾向于低调的做这件事情。 (#)

• 家园 有个问题

原文链接:http://www.popyard.com/cgi-mod/newspage.cgi?num=76497&r=0&v=0

这个链接打不开呀?~

• 家园 其实整出闹剧就有一个赢家,而且是大赢家

这家既无名气也没有什么业绩的topcoder,现在赚到眼球,就可以马上向VC下一轮融资。这一个月从中国而来的点击可以达到上千万,一分钱都不花,这个公关做得漂亮,那位回国办企业的要学习了。

北师大跟吴莹莹都是被耍的猴子。

• 家园 topcoder在程序员中是很出名的

历史不短了,以办网上编程竞赛起家,走的是高级人才(仅限于程序员)猎头公司的路子。玩过NOI,IOI,ACM,Google等编程竞赛的人不可能不知道它。Google是最早与它合作招揽雇员的公司之一。说“topcoder”是名副其实的,确实聚拢过一批top coders。我看好它本身的钱景。

当然,这回它的名声在中国算是彻底毁了。到这个份上了,还不切割,还在嘴硬,超笨!

• 家园 呵呵,反正我以前从来没听说过

这个什么topcoder公司。

比较郁闷的是,所有的新闻都称“著名的topcoder公司”(原话),看来俺比较寡闻。

• 家园 infamous, not famous

yes, we all know topcoder now, but we know it as a joke :D

• 家园 不一定是她一个人搞出来的

没有北师大做后盾,一个小孩子未必有这个胆子

• 家园 套用一地鸡毛里的一句话:“失去理智”...
    • 家园 翻译:由一个年轻学生引起的惊人的学术腐败—你相信一个21岁的天才

由一个年轻学生引起的惊人的学术腐败—你相信一个21岁的天才吗?

吴莹莹,21岁的北京师范大学的“天才女孩”,最近被宣布为Topcoder亚洲的“副执行总裁”。三年级的女生,一个正在形成的传奇,已经被被她所在的学校和教育部树立成“宣传的典型”。

在12月7号由北京师范大学和吴莹莹本人召开的记者招待会上宣称,这个任命出现在Topcoder10月25号的新闻稿上。(现在学校方面声明他们没有确认她所说的话是否真实);中国的媒体在12月8号到10之间热烈的对她(吴莹莹)进行了报道;然而中国的网民开始调查并且怀疑(这一切)接着媒体也加入了(调查的队伍)

那么,你会相信你听到的事情吗?

从新闻媒体上,我们了解到这个女孩拥有“超过百种发明和3项国家专利”[来源1,发明和专利的详情]。(中文链接)

http://stu.people.com.cn/GB/65534/4736353.html

吴莹莹北京师范大学2007年的学生,正在以她20岁的虔诚谱写一出感人的旋律。在过去的15年以来她致力于发明完成了100项的发明和3项国家专利;(有史以来)第一次,她在国际软件设计竞赛中赢得了空前的胜利(来自中国的新闻报道),为她的大学带来了光荣。

“在她过去10年的发明路上,她从来没用停止追求。这些成就包括:超过100项的发明,3项中国国家专利同是还有一些发明正在申请国际专利。。。”

(来自中国的新闻报道)

http://news.sohu.com/20061209/n246922261.shtml

(让我们)从这个角度来看,“超过100项的发明和3项国家专利”是她的传奇的基石。什么是发明?什么可以被称作发明?我相信你们很多人都试过作工艺品或者这类的东西,那么我们是否可以把万圣节的南瓜先生称之为你的新发明,不管你多么努力或者你花了多少时间去雕刻它?无论如何我们没有线索可以确定她到底有多少的发明因为你毕竟不能停止她说话(吹牛)。但是我们确实听到了她在接受新浪网访问的时候说的话,sohu.com,一个主要的中国网站:

“我所有的发明来源于我的生活”

访问者:“我相信你一定记得你的第一个发明,那么,你是否可以告诉我是什么促使你(发明了它)

吴:“我想我所有的发明都是来自生活并且基于生活,像我的第一个发明,‘节水花撒’。我小时候和我的爷爷一起住,我看见他每天两次用一个水箱浇花,同时我被告知每天浇两次水可以使土壤保持湿润。我记得他是这么说的。于是我对自己说:是不是可以找到一个办法我的爷爷不用这么辛苦的浇花同时花又不会干死?于是我查阅了少儿百科全书(那里说)当你把一条毛巾的一头放进一个专满水的池子里,把另一头放在池子外面,(池里的)水会逐渐的被耗尽。我从此得到启示。在多次的试验和改良后,我终于得到了这个发明:我把一个小的花撒放在一个大的花撒里面在它们的中间装满水。然后我用一条线连接它们。这样,花可以所有时间保持湿润。

奥我的老天,我们终于知道了这是什么发明!在采访的过程中,她绝没有再提起任何她的(其它)发明,而是改为专注于(谈论)她的舞蹈和阅读。

如果我们没有。。。。

(underline added)

妈的什么东西,不翻了,这个女的是谁?什么不要脸的话都敢说?这也叫发明?发你妈的头!北师大印象中不错的呀,怎么现在堕落成这个样子了?也难怪,成龙那个老流氓无耻之徒都能当北大教授。

什么东西?真的当天下人都是傻瓜?这和李大师吹牛有什么区别?

一群混蛋,浪费了我一个小时!

分页树展主题 · 全看首页 上页
/ 2
下页 末页

有趣有益,互惠互利;开阔视野,博采众长。
虚拟的网络,真实的人。天南地北客,相逢皆朋友

Copyright © cchere 西西河