西西河

主题:世道不好啊... -- 煮酒正熟

共:💬26 🌺25 新:
分页树展主题 · 全看首页 上页
/ 2
下页 末页
  • 家园 世道不好啊...

昨天收到一个我们常去光顾的家俱店发来的信,说他们决定关张了,但为了感谢老主顾们的关照,会在公布这个消息之前,为老主顾们弄一个为期三天的清仓甩卖,现已停止营业,员工正在整理店面和商品,mark down prices...

原文照抄几句他们的信文吧:

Dear Customer and Special Guest:

For over 68 years, Kxxxxx Furniture has been serving Berlin and surrounding areas with fine quality home furnishings and impeccable service. It is with no small amount of soul searching that we announce the CLOSING OF OUR STORE, as I have decided to retire from the retail furniture business to concentrate on other interests.

On behalf of our staff, I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your loyal support and patronage by having THREE PRIVATE COURTESY SALE DAYS before announcing our closing to the general public. WE PROMISE YOU THE BIGGEST FURNITURE INVENTORY BLOW-OUT EVER HELD IN OUR 68 YEAR HISTORY!

看了以后心里挺不是滋味儿。这家店我们一直挺喜欢。店面开在一个离我们10迈左右、有点破落贵族味道的白人老区,店老板是个老中。跟老板礼貌性地聊过两句,他一直用英文,所以聊得也不深。我猜这家店68年来就没动过地方儿,所在的小 town 衰落了,地价也没怎么太长,店租可能比较低廉,而且一直是靠老主顾撑着,所以业主也就没什么动力迁店。

这家店在 04年我们刚去的时候,还是 PH 的代理 (PH = Pennsylvania House,一家美国中高档古典风格的家俱厂商)。PH 比较白 --- 我指的是文化上。据说 PH 曾在它能控制的店面打过一段标牌:We proudly announce that all our home furnishings are made in U.S.A. 作为对众多从中国拿货的竞争对手的无声的道义谴责。可惜,商业社会的现实与残酷,是不会太理会文化和道德上的自命清高的。PH 无可挽回地

没落了。与 PH 价位同档但格调低俗的 Thomasville 且抖了几年,比PH高的 Ethan Allen 在 sub-prime 之前也是蒸蒸日上,就是因为它们没有那块文化道德标牌...

扯远了,拽回来,还是说那家小店吧... 不过要过会儿再叙啦

点看全图

外链图片需谨慎,可能会被源头改

• 家园 小时候住在罗马, 在放学途中常常贪婪地盯着家具店看

整面墙的玻璃, 里面摆的每一样东西都美轮美奂。 那些家具店都比较小, 两三个店面的样子,分前后头,店里前头一般都没人, 有时候我探头探脑的, 可以看见店后头有人在做家具。 那个时候我父母忙于生计, 家里只有最便宜的人造板家具。 我时常幻想,等我长大赚钱了,我就来买这些家具。 不过不等我长大,他们就离开了。直到上个世纪末,这种店还是很多的。 但2000年以后, 一切都变了...

有时候在熟悉的街道上走着,会忽然变得很惆怅,怎么现在就是2008年了呢。 为什么90年代的那些事情, 就像在昨天发生的一样呢?

• 家园 对了

我最近要更新主卧室家具,有什么好的推荐吗

现在我已经挑花眼了

• 对了
        家园 Actually

To me, the item most difficult to find is the b-e-d. Remember I told you I was interested in a French classic cane bed in white wash at EA? I didn’t get to see the real thing until last weekend. When I was infront of her I knew she was not mine. The antique finish looks kinda fake and low class… and the price is outrageous…

I know another French bed within my budget, but it needs a little research, as it’s from some furniture dealer at High Point, NC. Actually it’s very close to where you live. Maybe you should just go there, explore, and talk to those dealers. That way you can get some really nice deal.

Other items (dresser, night table, bench, etc.) are relatively easier. But I wouldn’t recommend a whole set from the same brand. That’s just boring. Mix-and-match is always the best way (probably the only way) to get a high-end and sophisticated look. EA has a night table with neat and elegant simple lines… I’ll post a picture for you later.

• 家园 就是这个床啊

看了很多,有些似乎还不错,但是就是没有找到那个 "the one"

我还在等一见钟情的感觉

对于整套的,我和你一样,也是缺乏感觉。

这个不太是我的style,不过你也许会喜欢?

点看全图

外链图片需谨慎,可能会被源头改

• 家园 Very pretty!

I like this color. It’s fresh, crispy, airy, young, and modern. The four antique pieces (bed, night table, secretary, and arm chair) are the countervailing forces, so the space as a whole becomes diversified and thus highly sophisticated.

Having said that, this color is a bit too bold or crispy to me. It would take me forever to fall asleep in such an energized space. My dream bedroom color would be more muted and pale; kind of grayish blue.

The bed is pretty, with an old world charm and hand-painting intricacy, but not exactly what I’m looking for.

As for bed, what color are you particularly interested in?

• 家园 我喜欢antique white

可是某人那儿通不过,他喜欢mahogany - ish

上面那个图,我觉得比较特别,但是作为卧室不够舒服,我想要一种让人一下子就陷进去,温暖又浪漫的感觉

• 家园 If you can’t change his taste

Just dump him.

Next one, please!

Just kidding. But I agree with you 100 percent that bedroom should be one’s retreat and therefore should be serine, comfy, romantic, subtle, fresh and airy. Mahogany may not be the best choice when it comes to subtleness, freshness and airiness. Antique white or pale grayish blue would be much better choices. I think in case of disagreement of this kind, the person who’s widely considered to be the one with better taste, deeper involvement, and more resources should have the final say.

• 家园 还说呢

我现在觉得自己越来越没有感觉了,我的taste有被某人拐带走的趋势,他觉得high quality + clean cut就是好的,这倒是简单

更可气的是,小朋友现在也不听话了,我们也要re-do她的房间,她居然看中那种retro style, 我是怎么看怎么不顺眼

所以我来找你补课啦

• 家园 Retro 经常看到这个字

但究竟是个什么家居 style 一直比较模糊。采薇这一说才特意找来看看 --- 俺也不喜欢。这个风格的文化基础完全是米国的,跟欧洲完全不搭噶,而我们的口味都偏欧洲,所以会不喜欢。

贴了一个床和梳妆台的帖子,采薇MM来给出出主意吧。如果你感兴趣,我再告诉你店家吧

• 家园 这几天在LA,乘机多呛两声,免得回去了又憋着

1、某人既然是Dr.,用脚趾头也可以想象出他的taste;

2、既然被拐带,不妨就从了吧(不许打头!!!),最多嘛床上用品全用白的,怎么样;

3、孩子的想法,道理讲清楚,然后怎么样还是随她去吧,再说了,Retro_style蛮不错的,尤其50年代的,小朋友这么有历史感,叫我就支持一下。

分页树展主题 · 全看首页 上页
/ 2
下页 末页

有趣有益,互惠互利;开阔视野,博采众长。
虚拟的网络,真实的人。天南地北客,相逢皆朋友

Copyright © cchere 西西河