西西河

主题:委内瑞拉大选--民意观察 -- 古巴拉面

共:💬93 🌺470 🌵1 新:
全看树展主题 · 分页首页 上页
/ 7
下页 末页
家园 I remember it has mostly

heavy oil, right? It requires more efforts in terms of refinery and is not as good as middle-east oil. V's oil should be a serious competitor against Canadian oil producers.

That country lives under what we called "resource curse": the whole national economy relies on natural resource export, which pushes up domestic currency and kills domestic manufacturing industry.

In the end, you have a polarized society with billionaire owners of those resources and extremely poor low skill workers--without a skilled labor force/middle class.

Those kind of nations always fluctuate between either right-wing dictatorship or left-wing mob rule. It can not have a stable social structure as we see in most industrialized European nations or in today's States.

I enjoy very much reading your posts, please go ahead and write more on V. BTW, you mentioned that there are 1m Chinese there. Any further reporting will be very welcome.

I had Spanish girlfriend before, but my memory of Spanish faded away fast.

家园 land is too fertile, no need

for fertilizer. The same observation in Brazil. People never heard of "field management"--agriculture= leave the seeds and let God take care of everything.

家园 其实还是看领导人

说实话,美国也算是地大物博,虽然说当初十三州的土地未必有巴西的土地那么肥沃,而且美东的气候从来都比较难受,但是就人/地比来看,美国建国时候的自然条件不能说不好了。换句话说美国完全可以做一个农业大国——而当初建国大佬中有一部分人的确是这么想的,而且即使是现在美国也是一个农业大国。多亏另外一批有远见、有野心的大佬把美国带上了走工业、金融的道路。

全看树展主题 · 分页首页 上页
/ 7
下页 末页

有趣有益,互惠互利;开阔视野,博采众长。
虚拟的网络,真实的人。天南地北客,相逢皆朋友

Copyright © cchere 西西河