共:💬90 🌺91 新:
全看树展主题 · 分页首页 上页
/ 6
下页 末页
家园 che

fs.

che
家园 Glad to See You!

I do know Google have been interested in IC designs, but I figure they are more likely trying to follow Qualcomm't path in this territory.

I didn't know they actually sell these servers till now, I always assumed they just help their clients build these clusters and put their software, algorithm and what not on board.

h
家园 Sure as hell

a little googling, turns out they do sell hardwares, though only dressed up Dell servers, but these yellow gadgets are much hotter with Google Icon on them.

点看全图

外链图片需谨慎,可能会被源头改

h
家园 If the first 5 G-phones all

turn out to look like this frankenstein.

Android will be doomed.

A phone only geeks care about? Really? No no, big flop

Seriously, even the tech pundits among our geeks don't like it, they like the idea of it, but the actual G1 thingy? Tough love, man.

家园 gree

are.

家园 he

l.

家园 h

h.

h
家园 On the other hand

The cupertino based corp. is solely powered by Steve Jobs' Aura.

All the other engineers/designers are underpayed, underappreciated, depressed Oompa Loompas,

Yet they make such a happy product line.

To be honest, I expect much more from all these boy geniuses in Google.

家园 he

ple.

gree
家园 You don't put a

hackintosh in a aluminum case and pretend it's a Apple product.

Google is no amateur modder, it need to do better to convince me as a serious hardware manufacturer.

家园 an

lm.

he
家园 Rumor has it G1

Sports a Qualcomm 7201 risc CPU @528MHz RAM:192m

Sounds pretty impressive but sluggish in the real world, I don't know, going more than 600Mhz could pose a significant threat to battery life. iPhone's ARM chip runs at 620Mhz, but OS X mobile's power management is much better than the others especially linux from what I heard. And still people constantly complaint about having to recharge iPhone every 10 minutes.

家园 po

l?

he
家园 I'm not trying to argue with

you knowing you are not arguing with me. ^_^

But Apple's engineers are seriously underpaid, it's a known fact, they make about 15% less than average silicon valley geeks with similar working experience.

Also Apple purchased a IC design company P.A Semi back in April. They are cooking their own mobile chips. Will it be used in the next-gen iPhone, Who knows.

Anyway, with Google jumps into the alright hot mobile device tube, things are bound to get frisky and way more exciting (or should I say, exciting-er?)! Kudos to Apple, Kudos to Google, WinMo please die.

an
家园 haha,I predict

some of them are going to be total rubbish, and no, G1 is not one of them.

全看树展主题 · 分页首页 上页
/ 6
下页 末页

有趣有益,互惠互利;开阔视野,博采众长。
虚拟的网络,真实的人。天南地北客,相逢皆朋友

Copyright © cchere 西西河