西西河

主题:【注意】【文摘】芝加哥的朋友都注意了!硅谷老鼠会WFG来到俺们芝加哥 -- 李根

共:💬39 🌺24 新:
全看树展主题 · 分页首页 上页
/ 3
下页 末页
家园 我们买了VUL。

有一个看法觉得比较不错的,你有了家庭,有了孩子,上有老下有小。花钱买个平安。你愿意花钱双保你的新车,你就不舍得花点钱保你的命?他们在讲座上提出的几个案例还是有警示作用的。如果不幸发生了什么意外,谁来负担后果?很有钱的就不用说了。没有经济来源的呢?就得靠捐赠?容易吗?

学会理财在这个金钱社会是必要的,可惜我是学不会。所以宁愿让人挣钱来帮我理财。如果你又想会理财,有舍不得100块钱,那么天下有白掉下来的免费午餐?有是有,能对你的胃口吗?人要讲究大气,而不是计较一点点利益。如果不从大方面考虑,而是斤斤计较一时的得失,处处给自己设限,那么你还能做什么呢?

目前,我还不知道这个UVL有多好。但是定期往里放些钱是我的做法。更何况又不是在一棵树上吊死,怕什么呢?想挣钱又不想承担风险的好事在这个世界上太少了吧?

家园 关于VUL多说一句

如果您买了,就应该多往里面放钱,就算达不到7Pay,也得达到那个标准额,否则VUL弊大于利,不如直接去买term(定期保险--如果您需要)外加自己买共同基金。

家园 没听说过term life insurance吗?

何必为VUL那些老鼠们买单呢?

家园 term好吗?

关键是能否投资。你了解term吗?

家园 你说的是。

各种投资各有利弊。

家园 VUL骗人的地方就是所谓的免税投资

这世界上mutual fund万万千,想找performance好的也不是那么容易.VUL就是把一堆垃圾fund让你入伙,然后告诉你说,你看这也是mutual fund呀,只要是mutual fund就是投资啦...

参加VUL就是养老鼠.你可以去问问周围老中日子过的好的,有什么人是让VUL骗过的...

家园 再补充一句

在美国老中圈里就两种老鼠会

WFG和market america(美安)

当小老鼠的被人笑话,当上线的被人鄙视,何必呢

家园 做人要厚道啊。。。

对事物也要尽量的宽容一些。

我本人没有任何licenses,也不会推销任何东西。但我也想问一声:“您了解term吗?您了解VUL吗?什么是老鼠会?”

这个世界上哪里有十全十美的产品呢?我不会说话,但我觉得只要适合我的,那就行了。

我以前也参加过WFG,现在还有一些朋友在里头,但我不觉得就低人一等。您要鄙视随您,反正我也是“做事对别人绝不违背良心,对自己绝不违背良知”!

“VUL就是把一堆垃圾fund让你入伙”--嘿嘿,我就有VUL,先后在里面买了5个fund,最近三年的平均年回报分别是:17%,26%,17%,17%,20%。是不是好fund见仁见智,但说是垃圾。。。

还是那句话--

适合自己的就是好的!

关键词(Tags): #VUL
家园 俺的话成语录了

要注意版权...

家园 【文摘】适合自己的就是好的!

家园 看人家这个回复

没事google了一把VUL,看到这个回帖:真是专业人士,滴水不漏。我也申明,本人对VUL和WFG没有体会和经验,暂时对其抱着绝对中立的态度,转贴本文纯粹是为了与网友分享原作者的英文写作技巧,文中观点和论证与本人无关。

——————————————————

Dr. Bui,

Your note was directed to my attention in the belief that I might be of service in answering your question regarding WMA/VUL. I am happy to do so.

First and foremost, you are correct in your suspicion of WMA and any of their products or services. As an organization, they have a deserved negative reputation. Any company that believes in a "one size fits all" answer to every investment question should raise a "red flag" in any intelligent persons mind.

WMA is a Multi Level Marketing company that happens to use Variable Universal Life Insurance as their product. While I have no issue with a company using multi level marketing as form of distribution, I take great exception to the product form they have selected as their premier product. There are any number of superior VUL products in the marketplace, the least of which would be preferred to WMA's VUL.

With that said...let's look at your specific curcumstances. First of all...I am not sure where you live and I am licensed only in the state of TX. Therefore anything I mention to you here is for educational purposes only. I do not anticipate your acting on my "advice" without seeking the second opinion of another qualified financial services professional. As a matter of fact, that is actually where you should begin.

As far as life insurance is concerned...seek out the services of a life insurance professional who is minimally a Chartered Life Underwriter. (CLU) Insurance professionals holding that designation will be more than adequately educated and capable of advising you properly regarding how much and what kind of insurance you need for your family. As a minimum rule of thumb, 8-10 times your annual income is a basis for discussion. In addition, if your wife is a working wife, do not forget to insure her income generation also.

As fas as investments are concerned, VUL is NOT only a life insurance product. However, it is rarely the first choice as an investment for those already adequately insured. I DO NOT recommend the purchase of a VUL product if the primary reason is as an investment vehicle.

If you have adequate life insurance, which I seriously doubt, if all you have is group term through your employer, I would recommend you consider moving your $500 monthly savings for your children into mutual funds. On the other hand, if you only have group term, you need to seriously consider upgrading your life insurance first. Whatever you might save in the interim would be menaningless if your children lost their father any time soon.

Again...not knowing you personally and knowing your family circumstances, I am hesitant to comment much further. As I tell my clients frequently, "Advising you on financial matters before giving you a thorough financial checkup would be just as much malpractice as a doctor giving you medical advice without a complete physical checkup." I am sure you can appreciate that.

For your personal financial well being, contact your local chapter of the Society of Financial Services Professionals. They can refer you to a CLU in your area. You might also consider a CLU, like me, who is a Certified Financial Planner who specializes in insurance.

If I can be of further service please let me know.

GOD Bless you and your family and much success to you in your career. Having successfully gone through an EGD this past week I hold your profession in high esteem.

Kevin Michael Lynch

MBA, CFP, CLU, ChFC

The foregoing is not legal advice and may not be relied upon as such.

No Advisor-Client relationship has been established.

家园 说句实话,您老对这些东西还不如我了解的多。

我问一问是想了解一下更多的为我所不知的方面。您所说的这些东西其实都是你道听途说得来的,而且说话,批判的口气很不严肃,很不专业,而是采取一副流氓的样子来辩驳。你说你的论断能让人信服吗?

顺便告诉你一下,我是亲自打入所谓“老鼠会”内部的,如果你认为这是骗人的,我想不会一下子产生数百上千的傻子吧?而且大多数都是很聪明的,而不是什么文盲流氓之类的人,有高级工程师,有成功的研究员,有在大公司工作的,有独立的经营者。你说他们为什么要对这个感兴趣?再告诉你一点,自己就是独立者,为自己,为他人做理财工作。

记住天下没有免费的午餐。也没有谁愿意做傻子。

家园 都犯了一个错误概念:都说自己好,但都没有说明为什么。

抬高自己而压低对方是明显的做法。作为金融产品,他们都是竞争者。哪一种好需要对比他们的费用和你所投资的收益。在没有了解更多的事实情况下,干听一些虚无飘渺的评价是没有意义的。出了一个坑进了另一个坑。哪个适合自己要多方了解。

家园 41快过来,俺的水桶漏啦

我在前面的帖子里说过“适合自己的就是好的”,看了这个文摘,自己心虚了。“适合自己”应该只是一个必要条件,能否正确使用也应该是一个必要条件。所以,我把我的原话改为“适合自己的才(可能)是好的”(41看过来)。

这篇文摘总的说来还不错。里头提到了家庭理财的几个基本概念:

1。包治百病的万灵药是没有的,产品因人而异。

2。不看病就开药是错误的,具体情况具体分析。

从文摘的开头可以看出,此信至少是2001以前写的(因为我2001年第一次接触的已经是WFG了,而不是其前身WMA),时过境迁,VUL的产品变化也很大。现在的收费比那时应该是大大降低了。所以他所说的不能只用VUL来投资也不应该是绝对的了。

至于说“滴水不漏”么,嘿嘿。他就不应该批评WMA及其产品--为什么呢?我虽然没执照,也不是专家,但考执照的材料我是看过的。据我的记忆,贬低其他的竞争公司是违法的!即对一个执照者,你可以说自己的产品好,和别家拿数据对比,但不能带主观色彩的批评别家,例如“they have a deserved negative reputation”

关键词(Tags): #VUL
家园 跟某某功的辩解有点像
全看树展主题 · 分页首页 上页
/ 3
下页 末页

有趣有益,互惠互利;开阔视野,博采众长。
虚拟的网络,真实的人。天南地北客,相逢皆朋友

Copyright © cchere 西西河